Question about Ford Sync and Droid

mitchb2

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the new Ford Fiesta.
Does your music play over Bluetooth, or do you need to connect it to the USB port?

mcinvaille

Reaction score
I use an aftermarket Pioneer in my F-150 but the blue tooth audio and phone work great. Thinking about upgrading (my truck) at some point and plan to go the factory BT stereo route this time. Let me know how it goes and good luck; I (and my soon to be driving youngest son) are Fiesta fans thanks to X-games.

Mac

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Does the Droid need to be connected via USB for any Sync features, or is it just for charging?

segen77

Reaction score
i have an 2010 f150 with sync. I can only get the droid to make phone calls. it doesn't play music or xfer ring tones. In fact, if you go to the ford sync website you can search phones, and it even says there it doesn't work. If someone has it working, please let me know.

On the other hand, one strange thing it does do is every time it pairs it starts my media player on my phone with a random song. I'd like to figure out how to get it to quit that.

Vehicle - Choose Your Country

PhoneSter

Reaction score
Just bought an escape with navi
Blue tooth, streaming, and phone work great.. in fact people tell me the blue tooth sounds better than the droid itself

My question.... HOW come the droid does not allow texting on the navi screen :dry:
Sync has a great feature so you can read and respond to texts on the screen by touch and voice, but our 6 month old phone will not support it!!
Anyone know of a fix?

Last edited:
OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Sync has a great feature so you can read and respond to texts on the screen by touch and voice, but our 6 month old phone will not support it!!
Anyone know of a fix?

Well that sucks. When I get my Fiesta I want all those Sync features to work. If the Droid can't do it, it's out the window.