Question about fission

Reaction score
So I had a couple questions about Fission. First, where can I download the latest version of it for my D2G.

Secondly, every screenshot I've seen of people using it on their D2G's, it shows the notification bar being black, like the gingerbread update does, so am I correct, fission does let you make your notification back?

Also, I've had some issues with theme apps like ADW and others, not letting me resize my widgets, I know ROMs aren't theme apps, but I just wnated to make sure it doesn't affect my being able to resize widgets, cause its annoying.

Oh and besides changing the way the OS looks, what features does Fission give you?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

louy99

Reaction score
You need fission rom manager to download the version for your phone. I believe its version 2.4.3. They have been a bit slow in updating the d2g. Only the stock rom lets you resize Widgets. I've tried fission and now I'm on liberty and both dont let you resize like the stock rom. Fission is a great beginner rom and it ran very fast on my d2. Have you made a backup of your stock rom yet??? If you need help getting the rom manager, let me know.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
You need fission rom manager to download the version for your phone. I believe its version 2.4.3. They have been a bit slow in updating the d2g. Only the stock rom lets you resize Widgets. I've tried fission and now I'm on liberty and both dont let you resize like the stock rom. Fission is a great beginner rom and it ran very fast on my d2. Have you made a backup of your stock rom yet??? If you need help getting the rom manager, let me know.

Not yet, I got the sbf and rsdlite, but I haven't made my nandroid backup yet, cause I'm still haven't gotten my copy of fission yet, but I plan on doing it soon, I already got my Droid 2 bootstrapper app. So what about the other questions I asked? It does make my notification bar black right? And do custom roms add more fuctionality as well or is it purley just for looks, cause if that's the case, then what's the point of going thru the whole process when you can just use a simple themer app lol

louy99

Reaction score
I had fission 2.6.1 and my bar was black. It does have good functionality. The main reason we have these roms is because we don't want any of the added bloatwear that Verizon gives us. It just slows down the phone and it allows us to customize our phone to our liking. If you install fission, you will notice that it doesn't come with a lot installed with it. The fission rom manager has lots of add ons you can install to fission. I still find myself flashing back to my fission nandroid every once in a while.

louy99

Reaction score
Just last week I sbf'ed my phone back to stock just to see how to do it and I was like "holy crap my phone is slow!!" I had forgoten how having a stock phone is like. You will notice how much faster your phone is. You really don't even need to overclock with your 1.2 ghz. You will also notice longer battery life :)

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I had fission 2.6.1 and my bar was black. It does have good functionality. The main reason we have these roms is because we don't want any of the added bloatwear that Verizon gives us. It just slows down the phone and it allows us to customize our phone to our liking. If you install fission, you will notice that it doesn't come with a lot installed with it. The fission rom manager has lots of add ons you can install to fission. I still find myself flashing back to my fission nandroid every once in a while.

So you said you flash back to fission from time to time, what rom are you using most of the time?

louy99

Reaction score
Liberty

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Liberty 1.5? I was under the impression that fission was the only ROM that worked for the D2G, and that Liberty was DX/D2 only...So, what is the main difference between Liberty and Fission?

Oh and I'm having a lil trouble googling where to find the fission rom manager, so I can get the rom, anyone have a link to it thay can post, I would appreciate it greatly!

Last edited:

louy99

Reaction score
Yeah, liberty is for the d2/dx. I have a d2...they are both very simular roms really...libertys rom toolbox has better add-ons and ways to modify your rom, runs very fast and offers a ton of themes.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Yeah, liberty is for the d2/dx. I have a d2...they are both very simular roms really...libertys rom toolbox has better add-ons and ways to modify your rom, runs very fast and offers a ton of themes.

So liberty won't work on D2G, cause after I read your post, I looked it up and if I'm not mistaken there are peeps on this forum who sucessfully flash liberty to their D2G.

And again, does anyone have a link for the fission rom manager?

Reaction score

So liberty won't work on D2G, cause after I read your post, I looked it up and if I'm not mistaken there are peeps on this forum who sucessfully flash liberty to their D2G.

A. to flash a D2 ROM, you have to flash the ROM, then the ROMer tool by team Get R Done (they have their own forum here). Your sensors will not work properly is the caveat.

B. I've posted this in another thread you posted: Let me google that for you

louy99

Reaction score
Check your pm

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score

A. to flash a D2 ROM, you have to flash the ROM, then the ROMer tool by team Get R Done (they have their own forum here). Your sensors will not work properly is the caveat.

B. I've posted this in another thread you posted: Let me google that for you

so If i just use that file, i dont need the Fission ROM Manager, and then i just put the file you gave me on my SD, and use Bootstrapper to flash it to my phone, correct ? and if I brick my phone, I plug my D2G into my PC, and use RSDlite and the SBF to unbrick it, and then once its unbricked, i can use the nandroid backup i made in bootstrapper, to restore all my apps and what not, or does the nandroid back up, replace the SBF, and I just use that instead, since thats a back up of my phone ?