Question about FaceUnlock

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by speedyroo, Dec 19, 2011.

1. speedyroo

speedyroo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now I've heard that it's not foolproof - that sometimes someone that looks like you can unlock it. What I want to know though is - what if it IS you and it decides not to unlock, is there another way to unlock it? I mean I don't want to be having a bad hair day or something and have it not open for me and not access my phone. :icon_ devil::p

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,667
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    you should try it for yourself, if the face unlock isn't recognized it goes to a pin or a pattern.

face unlock is more of a convenience feature than a security feature, Google said so themselves. So if someone does manage to get your phone they won't be able to get in because they won't know the PIN or the pattern unlock.

3. Nubbie

Nubbie Member

Ratings:
    +3
    if it fails. (which it does fairly often) lighting, just doesnt work. then it goes into a secondary unlock. of your choosing. pattern, pin. whatever.

4. speedyroo

speedyroo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I Didnt want to try it and have it fail! Thanks for the reply though. I will try it now. :)

5. DC 1127

DC 1127 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah. They thought of this. If it decides not to unlock then you can use a backup pattern password that you set. I remember thinking the same thing when I watched the announcement video.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums