Question about Droid

cwiggler

Reaction score
Hello everyone. i am new in the forum. first of all i don't own a droid but soon i will have it in my hands because i will buy from craigslist.

i really like this smartphone and im dying to have it but i have a few questions to ask just to clear up my mind.

1. is this phone a GSM phone where i can use a sim card to other countries aside from US? i am going to use the phone in singapore..

2. is this phone already running android 2.2? or if still using the old 2.1, can i update to 2.2 even though i am here in singapore?

3. once i rooted the phone, is it possible to install a themes?

my concern is that maybe i cannot use this phone in a GSM countries and i cannot update the OS.

thank you.

OP
C

cwiggler

Reaction score
Hi phonewiz thanks for the reply. my concern is the GSM thing. is the phone capable to GSM network? i know in US it is CDMA.

OP
C

cwiggler

Reaction score
no ones answer my question. does verizon motorola droid has a gsm or sim card capability?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No it is not. You would need the d2g for that.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
C

cwiggler

Reaction score
spaz33g i think you missed the content of your reply. there's no message except Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
C

cwiggler

Reaction score
oh im soo sad to hear that.. i thought i would have that phone.. what about motorola backflip? sorry im off topic now :(

myriad46

Reaction score

mttj

Reaction score
OS for Verizon?

Does anyone know if the Droid via verizon is running 2.1 or 2.2. I'm thinking to get a Verizon acct (ATT is lousy here) with the free droid but want to know what I'm getting myself into

OP
C

cwiggler

Reaction score
thank you everyone for the advice. it helps a lot for a newbie like me. till next time :)