Question about Droid/iTunes....

Svengali

Reaction score
I currently have an iPhone 3G and I use/listen to podcasts everyday via iTunes. I'm contemplating switching over to a Droid on the Verizon network. Would anyone be able to tell me whether iTunes works on the Droid? If so, is it easy, or would I have to rig something up to be able to do it.

Thanks!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the Forum!! :)

there are many apps in the mkt for syncing iTunes music with a Droid, and they work very well. as for podcasts, i don't use them, so i'm not sure about the answer. i have little doubt that the capability exists, tho. you might have to do a little more searching aound the threads; and if you can't find your answer, post back.

i hope you stick around! :)

harrellj

Reaction score
There are several podcast apps for the Droids (I use Doggcatcher personally), but there's several others (Listen, BeyondPod, etc). As for the actual podcast URL, that should be visible in iTunes under the podcast's info tab.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a former iPhone user. I have a rooted Droid and I was able to move all of my music, in iTunes, to my Droid without any issues before I rooted.

Quite a few folks have used Double Twist to move their iTunes music. Hope this is helpful.

Mike

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
One thing to hold in mind, no DRMed content will work on your Droid. Music purchased on iTunes before they became DRM free will not even sync in most cases. Otherwise there are several solutions that work quite well.

SGTiger

Reaction score
One thing to hold in mind, no DRMed content will work on your Droid. Music purchased on iTunes before they became DRM free will not even sync in most cases. Otherwise there are several solutions that work quite well.

There are several ways to move your purchased DRM music to your Droid. However, I doubt the mods would want me to go into much detail.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
"iSyncr" is the best for syncing iTunes and Android. Well worth the money, IMO.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

There are several ways to move your purchased DRM music to your Droid. However, I doubt the mods would want me to go into much detail.

Wise decision!