Question about doing a factory reset when rooted....

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mostendorf34, Mar 3, 2010.

1. mostendorf34

mostendorf34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I've read around in a few different places and read more than once now of people with Droids that over time from downloading apps and whatnot had slowed down, been having FC's and all those little annoying errors and delays we wished we wouldn't have to deal with have done factory resets and have noticed an improvement in general speed and functionality of the phone after doing so.

Apparently if under Settings>Applications>Privacy>if you check "back up my settings"and then do a factory reset everything on your phone... ringers included will be restored (you just have to reset up your home screens).

To me this sounds very appealing especially considering all the stuf I've put my phone through since getting it. It sounds like it'd be a great way to give it a little re-boost to my phone.

Now my question.... I am rooted using DroidMod and am curious as to how a factory reset would deal with that, if it would effect it, and if it's something worth doing.

This isn't something I have my mind set on doing so be honest... if it's a definite nono after rooting I understand.
    Any opinions? All are appreciated, thanks!

2. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    It sounds like the effects you're after would be better achieved through a re-flash of DM1.0....

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Factory reset of data from that menu will not remove your root access or your ROM.

-Mike

4. Droidster163

Droidster163 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did this while i was rooted as well with DM and it didn't affect anything with my being rooted.

5. mostendorf34

mostendorf34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed. :)
    So if I do this do you by chance know if it will effect the smoked glass theme I have applied through MM?

Search tags for this page

factory reset after rooting

i did factory reset and all signs of being rooted are gone