1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question about deploying to Android phone with Verizon

Discussion in 'Android App Developers' started by kharless, Apr 9, 2010.

1. kharless

kharless New Member

Gang,

With the imminent release of the HTC Incredible on Verizon I would like to confirm that the phone can be developed for using the downloadable SDK and Plug in for Eclipse. I would hate to purchase this phone and find out that I can't write my own apps for it without having them published on the marketplace or authorized by Verizon.

Thanks in advance
  2. gonnadie4thegov

gonnadie4thegov New Member

The Android OS is an open-development platform. How/why would they change that for just one phome?
  3. kharless

kharless New Member

I understand the open source nature of the android OS. What I am wondering is how Verizon locks it down for deploying your own written apps to your own phone. Can this be done, or do I have to go through some Verizon approval process to run my own apps on my own phone?
  4. Champers

Champers New Member

Verizon doesn't lock the phones to marketplace apps only, but it can be done. Look at AT&T, they do it.
  5. shpen

shpen New Member

No, you can install your application to your phone directly from Eclipse using a USB cable. That's how I test my applications because the emulator is slow.
Search tags for this page

deploy verizon app