question about cyanogenmod

mgarney26

Reaction score
trying to download cyanogenmod from rom manager premium but all i get is a blank screen after clicking it wth?

pressguy27

Reaction score
Yeah I get that to. I don't think they use that section anymore. If you want cyanogen just download the newest nightly and you will be all set

Sent from my DROID2 using CM7

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
does the file need to be extracted to my computer and placed on my sd card from my computer or can i just download the entire .zip file directly to my phone, and install from zip when i get into recovery using bootstrap? also i have never had cyanogen mod on my phone before this should place the actual rom on there am i right? thanks alot guys

idefiler6

Reaction score
Find RSDLite for windows online, then follow the installation instructions in the thread I linked. You will need to wipe back to stock, then go to About Phone and check for updates. Get the newest update (gingerbread) and then you'll have to root it, get bootstrapper, then load the zip file from your SD card, no need to extract.

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
Ok im currently on it's stock gingerbread and I rooted that last night using the DROID 3 method...why do I need to go back to group?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
Edit im on DROID 2 it's that I rooted using DROID 3 method so why do I need to go back?

idefiler6

Reaction score
Edit im on DROID 2 it's that I rooted using DROID 3 method so why do I need to go back?

If you got the OTA GB update and rooted with D3, then all that's left is to flash the rom in recovery. Put the CM7 zip file on your SD card, reboot recovery, then choose install zip from SD card > select the file and hit it. You'll also want to get gapps too, flash that at the same time.

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
Is there a link I need for the gaps as well?

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
And how do I flash both at the same time? Do I flash one first then the other?

OleGent

Reaction score
I just flashed the CM7GB and i am stuck in a boot loop. I had the OTA Gingerbread on my droid 2. I wiped data, cache, and dalvik. any help?