Question about CM6 decible screen

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Gang,

Can anyone clarify the notification bar decible reading values. I have found that when enabling, when I make a call the value seems to correspond to what I might see in my "about phone status" native menu. Generally for me -80 to minus 90 here at home. But, when the phone is sitting idle I see -3, -4 etc, never -60 to -105 which should be a proper value from 100% signal to dropped call value, which makes no sense to me. The minus numbers do not correspond to number of bars or anything of which I am aware. And if I turn of my cellular repeater here at home, the numbers will jump all over the place. Just curious.

Craig

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Gang,

Can anyone clarify the notification bar decible reading values. I have found that when enabling, when I make a call the value seems to correspond to what I might see in my "about phone status" native menu. Generally for me -80 to minus 90 here at home. But, when the phone is sitting idle I see -3, -4 etc, never -60 to -105 which should be a proper value from 100% signal to dropped call value, which makes no sense to me. The minus numbers do not correspond to number of bars or anything of which I am aware. And if I turn of my cellular repeater here at home, the numbers will jump all over the place. Just curious.

Yeah, I don't know what those are about or how they got included when they don't even remotely work. I see the same single-digit-nonsense you are seeing instead of the signal level in dBm. Maybe it's something that works on other devices but not the Droid?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I was wondering about this myself. I saw -3dB and got all excited since I am in my basement where my signal is usually in the -100 or worse range. Then I got to thinking, wait -3dB, that would be impossible or at least nearly impossible. lol

OP
B

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

And 7, I had not thought that perhaps they would work on another device. But, as I mentioned, when I am in a call they do seem to be accurate, just not when sitting idle.

Craig