Question about changing around my ROM

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by czonin, Apr 5, 2010.

1. czonin

czonin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im using ultimate droid and love it. got it all set up the way i want and now decided that i wanted to use the Droid Themed App Drawer instead of the 3D one. Is there anyway to change it using Rom Manager without having to redo everything on the phone (apps, etc.)

2. NeverEndingXsin

Ratings:
    +0
    as long as you didnt remove the Droid Themed App Drawer from the actual rom itself then you could download "home switcher" from the market and just change to it. i hope i read your question correctly

3. czonin

czonin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well the way i was doing it before was to go into ROM Manager>Download ROM>Ultimate Droid>Ultimate Droid Customizer. i just didnt want to go ahead and do that again and have the headache of having to redo all my settings and that kind of stuff

4. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The reason why you had to redo everything (im assuming you mean all your screens) is because theyre not saved globally, only on a per launcher basis. Im assuming you mean you want to go from Helix 2 to Helix, if thats the case you'll have to re-add all your apps and widgets to your home screens since im sure the config files are incompatible with each other.

5. NeverEndingXsin

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 to this, just screenshot all of your screens using "drocap" and then you can just look at the pictures while setting up all of your apps and widgets.

6. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you do it alot (like me) you begin to remember where you had everything set up but I'll agree it is a PITA to keep doing, Ti Backup saves your layout but that doesnt help in your case since youre changing launchers and not roms.