Question about buying outside Verizon

djspy

Reaction score
I am not used to paying $300 for a phone i usually pay $100 (new every two deal) so i am looking into buying this phone from Costco or Amazon. What i am most concerned about is the warranty. When you buy from Verizon of course you get the one year guarantee for the phone and battery but what about when i buy out side Verizon? If i have problems with the phone can i still go into a store and swap it?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know about Costco or Amazon, but Best Buy has a great warranty program. I would imagine Costco does as well, but definitely ask. As far as Amazon, no idea...

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I am not used to paying $300 for a phone i usually pay $100 (new every two deal) so i am looking into buying this phone from Costco or Amazon. What i am most concerned about is the warranty. When you buy from Verizon of course you get the one year guarantee for the phone and battery but what about when i buy out side Verizon? If i have problems with the phone can i still go into a store and swap it?

The one year warranty is manufacture so Verizon would honor the warranty. I bought my Thunderbolt from Amazon and verizon sent me a replacement unit.

silver6054

Reaction score
The one year warranty is manufacture so Verizon would honor the warranty. I bought my Thunderbolt from Amazon and verizon sent me a replacement unit.
In the past (not sure now) the issue with buying from 3rd parties was that some of them would charge an additional ETF if you changed the plan within 6 months (e.g. downgraded minutes). Check with them now.