Question about Bluetooth Music player

DannyGlover

Reaction score
I just recently bought a new lexus that has the bluetooth capability so I can play music from my S3 (verizon) without the need for an iPod. I use the Google Play Music app when I listen to music on my phone, but as you know, there is another Samsung proprietary music player on the phone called "Music Player."

Problem is, whenever my phone connects to my car via bluetooth, the car starts playing the music from the Samsung Music Player rather than Google Play Music even if I last used the Google Play Music to listen on my car. I know it's not an issue with my car because it happens in my brother's Ford truck, too. Does anyone know how to fix the player it uses by default?

Also, if you know of any good music player I should download, feel free to recommend one. I'm not married to either of these but I would like to resolve this issue.

thanks.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
To clear the defaults of an app, go to Settings/Apps, then scroll over to All. Find the app in the list & select it. There should be a Clear Defaults option on that page. Hope this helps

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
D

DannyGlover

Reaction score
To clear the defaults of an app, go to Settings/Apps, then scroll over to All. Find the app in the list & select it. There should be a Clear Defaults option on that page. Hope this helps

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

I've tried that but it says "no defaults set" meaning it hasn't been set as the default player. I'm left scratching my head on this one...

rontot

Reaction score
Can you just disable the stock music player, or is it needed?