question about backing up

cinobyte

Reaction score
I may have to replace my phone. I wanted to know if there was any way I could back up all my user settings and such. I have personalized almost all the apps and the phone and I am not looking forward to doing it again.
TIA

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I may have to replace my phone. I wanted to know if there was any way I could back up all my user settings and such. I have personalized almost all the apps and the phone and I am not looking forward to doing it again.
TIA
Ya, and also apps that store data such as maps/addresses, dolphin browser favorites, notes app....ect.

I know there are 3rd party backup apps, but isnt there a function within Android to do this?

cpinto

Reaction score
TIA

Backup to several areas. Certainly send your contacts to Backup Assistant, but I use MY BackUP as well.

It does pretty well, but not 100%.

Some settings and configs will have to be reset.

I went from the Droid 1 to the X. I backed up all data and Apps from the D1 to my SD card with My Backup.

Then when the X arrived, after activating it, I reinstalled My Backup from the market, then did a full restore from the D1 SD card.

This worked pretty well. Just a little cleaning up after that.

Good Luck

OP
C

cinobyte

Reaction score
really wish they had a save profile to sd card option can we get that option on next update that pushed out? :)