question about apps on non data plan phone

reaversrock2

Reaction score
im getting the droid and im going to get my wife the droid eris and was wondering about putting apps on the eris without a data plan, i will have the data plan on my phone but she has no need for it so were just going to save the 30 bucks so like i say is there a way to put a few apps on her phone without it being able to get on the internet?

TekHawk

Reaction score
my 8330 BB world phone they would let me take it off on or put it on the per usage system maybe because of the age of the phone or maybe the fact it was a world phone not sure till i got my droid i had not had the issue where they forced the dataplan guess its somethign that started when they started this new cheaper unlimited data plan

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
my 8330 BB world phone they would let me take it off on or put it on the per usage system maybe because of the age of the phone or maybe the fact it was a world phone not sure till i got my droid i had not had the issue where they forced the dataplan guess its somethign that started when they started this new cheaper unlimited data plan

I think it was as of November, 2008 that this policy went into effect. Anyone who had a smartphone before the policy went into effect was grandfathered in.