Question About AndExplorer?

StouticusMaximus

Reaction score
I noticed when you open AndExplorer you can go into were factory ringtones are and delete them. Does anyone know if you can just delete them and it will not hurt anything? Since I thought you could only delete them after rooting the phone.

Plus I noticed that you can go into the root directory and change stuff. Isn't most of the things that you can root on the phone line transparent notification bar and so on is just a file that needs to be added? Or do you have to perform other functions to get the features to work?

Thanks

OP
S

StouticusMaximus

Reaction score
Well since no one responded to my post I just decided to see what happens when you delete the factory ringtones from the audio (internal) folder. If you delete them it takes them off the lists of the ringtones that are avaiable when you go to choose a ringtone or notification to use but doesnt actually delete the ringtone. If you go into the root directory the ringtones are still on the phone and cannot be deleted unless phone is rooted. I tried to delete them and just says unable to delete.

lysesoft

Reaction score
AndExplorer developers speaking: You cannot delete write protected file such as all available in device. However, you can delete anything if you have a rooted phone.

AndExplorer official forum is at:
Support forums • Index page

Have fun.