Question about after unrooting

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by krnboixshawn, Jun 18, 2010.

1. krnboixshawn

krnboixshawn New Member

I originally had a 2.1 + 1 phone and rooted it. I unrooted my phone back to 2.0.1. and I'm now waiting for the update. The couple questions I have is.

1. How long does it take for me to get this update?

2. will it be 2.1 or 2.1 +1

3. Will SPRecovery be gone on my phone now? If not how do i remove.

4. Before any kind of rooting was performed. If I did a date/cache wipe and then rebooted. It would automatically go back to the factory state which was 2.1 +1. After I get this update will it go back to 2.1 + 1 or 2.0.1.

Thank you
  2. droidman101

droidman101 New Member

Umm.. I think you can force the update, not sure where exactly on this forum it'd be now, but...it IS here
  3. skourg3

skourg3 New Member

I think if you go into settings and then about phone there is an option somewhere to check for system updates. I would imagine that would start the update process to the latest release that Verizon has rolled out to all phones.
  4. krnboixshawn

krnboixshawn New Member

I have tried check system update but does nothing and says that its currently up todate. Ive read somewhere that battery has to be full so charged it over night and nothing
  5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie

Hope this helps.

6. krnboixshawn

krnboixshawn New Member

I originally had a 2.1 + 1 phone and rooted it. I unrooted my phone back to 2.0.1. and I'm now waiting for the update. The couple questions I have is.

1. How long does it take for me to get this update? Once you have completed the un-rooting process and your phone reboots you should get the OTA update rather quickly. What process did you follow to unroot?

I used the RSD Lite process, should i do the update.zip version. I left the phone on all night charging and when I woke up it still wasn't available. Does it pop up like you got a message or something on the top left corner? I read somewhere that if you're missing some file you don't get updates.

2. will it be 2.1 or 2.1 +1 You should get the 2.1 update 1.

Awesome. This is my wife's phone and she wants to just return it so I want it how it came out of the box incase they check about phone.

3. Will SPRecovery be gone on my phone now? If not how do i remove.
    Once you are back at 2.0.1 you will not be able to boot into recovery or access any of the rooted items. All your rooted files (backups etc) are on your sd card so if you change phones or decide to root again you can use the backups to restore roms or themes once you have re-rooted.

4. Before any kind of rooting was performed. If I did a date/cache wipe and then rebooted. It would automatically go back to the factory state which was 2.1 +1. After I get this update will it go back to 2.1 + 1 or 2.0.1.
    No, simply doing a data/cache wipe will not put you back to 2.0.1. You will have to flash that file through RSD Lite. Here is a good link for you to follow in order to unroot back to stock. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...ot-unroot.html

Search tags for this page
does unrooting droid erase contacts
does unrooting show up on root checker
does unrooting through odin wipe your phone
effect after unroot phone
what do unrooting do

what does unrooting a phone do

what does unrooting android do

what does unrooting your phone do

what is effect root after unroot