Question About A Sound

Cee

Reaction score
First I would like to say thank you to you guys. I have asked a few questions here and have always gotten an answer which solves the problem.

THANX EVERYONE!

I have a question about a sound the phone is making and sorry if it's already been asked. I *did* do a search but nothing for what I am looking for came up.

When I use the touch screen and select something it was always silent until last night. The other day I went into my settings and unchecked the Notifications tab so nothing would appear in my status bar and thus I would get no notification sounds.

(I needed to leave the ringer on all night but wanted no other sounds)

Today when I checked the options to turn all my notify sounds back on (text, email, social messaging) now I get an additional sound every time I'm touching the screen. It sounds like a quick "Shhhp" sound.

I have gone back into the sounds settings looking for anything I might have changed accidentally but can't find anything that controls the screen "touch-sound".

Does anyone know what I did, or how I can silence that sound?

Thanx in advance :)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
go into settings>sounds>and uncheck audible selection (i have 2.2 but i assume its the same on 2.1)

OP
Cee

Cee

Reaction score
Thank You!

Oh gosh....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
haha no problem. just what im here for :)