question about 3G

Adhd

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my first time in the Miui subforum.. But i can promise you i have been using it since 1.0! I love it and great work.. Now my question is this.. do you think it would be plausible to turn off 3G at all times, and when a selected application that requires it, it could turn it on? i honestly have no idea how this could be done... But it would be an awesome way to save battery :)

azpilot

Reaction score
I'm running a different rom at the moment, but I believe you can turn it off via the notification area its called APN? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Also you can do this through the settings menu.

OP
A

Adhd

Reaction score
I'm running a different rom at the moment, but I believe you can turn it off via the notification area its called APN? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Also you can do this through the settings menu.

Yes, i understand that :) But my question is, is it possible to make something so it does it automatically.

Reaction score
I assume an app will have to pop up for that. I do know if you disable background data and try to go into the market it will prompt you to turn it back on. not sure if it works the same for 3g in the browser for instance