1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[ QUERY] /data difference between PE & Other ROMs

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by nokturnihs, Jul 2, 2011.

1. nokturnihs

nokturnihs New Member

So I realize Project Elite is AOSP, but I'm wondering how it works out that the PE v6 beta leaves me with at least 40MB less space on /data than LGB, etc...

Is PEv6 not zipaligned/optimized or something?

I'd really like to see better space, is there any way to fix/improve this?

I'm really digging PE, and keep coming back to it. Its the only stable ROM I've found....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

In the beta I don't put anything on the data partition. Except what notmally comes with any rom. But one of the reasons is because like froyo I kept all dalvike cache in the data partition. Cm, and any rom that build from cm has dalvike cache in the system for system apps and data for data/apps. The only reason I kept it all in data is because the first gb release themers had issues with installing all of their system apps that were themed due to limited space. So I felt like it would be best not to hog up the system partition.
    Also just because you have 40mb less space on the data partition does not mean the phone will run any better/worse.
    And yes the beat is zipalinged the final will be more optimized but even with zipaligning and optimizing that wouldn't save 40mb of space.
    I feel like the system partition needs to be freed up due to the themers and amoutn of low ram the droid has. Also if you have more apps from the market downloaded on pe then other roms that would lower ur partition space. I would move as many apps from data as you can to your sdcard this will free up some space on data for you but as long as you have room left then don't look into the number to much.
  3. nokturnihs

nokturnihs New Member

I immensely appreciate your response!

I am an app junkie- currently sitting at around 100 apps if you include keys/etc... I hate getting below 30-40MB left...

I understand your reasons and agree w/ them too...

One last question... Does clearing the dalvik have a drawback?

Loving PE. Like I said, only stable/reliable ROM I've found for my phone. I'm not saying the others are less cool, just that this one is the one my Sholes likes most...
  4. metalspring

metalspring New Member

Clearing dalvik cache means you must reboot immediately and the reboot will be much much slower, also it will be slightly sluggish for about 1-2 minutes after the reboot as the dalvik cache is rebuilt

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

if you use the setting in elite settings to clear dalvike cache the phone will reboot on its own for you. but it will take long to boot up again.
  6. nokturnihs

nokturnihs New Member

Thanks again!

I really appreciate your input and hard work!