Qubits cases

x25064

Reaction score
Does anyone have one? Been looking at them on amazon. Do they fit the lte gnex with an extended battery?

msheldon

Reaction score
Got one for my wife, it fits fine over the extended battery. Overall, It's a nice case. I like the Diztronic one a little better, but that's me.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Ah OK, I am hesitant on the diztronic because of its bulk. I really don't want to case the phone at all but I should before its too late.

anhanymouse

Reaction score
I have both. The diztronic one fits better but the volume buttons need to be cut out if using the extended battery. Its a bit tight and presses the volume down button. Once its cut out (using an xacto knife and just following the volume button outline) it fits snuggly.

The qubits one doesnt quite reach around over the top so it looks like it is loose and doesnt fit properly. The plastic quality is a bit harder and not quite form fitting. So it looks like its sloppily made.

Hope that helps.

Edit: forgot to add, the diztronic one comes with a microfiber screen wipe and a screen protector. About the same quality and size (leaves a 2mm gap around the edge so does not cover the entire screen) as the verizon one. Dry application, not bad one if just to hold you over. Qubits ones are just the cast, no screen protector

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

msheldon

Reaction score
Not all of the diztronics come with the screen protector, mine didn't.

My wife's Qubits case fits quite nicely, but the things I don't like are that both the volume rocker and the power button are covered. I prefer full cutouts so the buttons are more recessed

davidwar

Reaction score
Not all of the diztronics come with the screen protector, mine didn't.

My wife's Qubits case fits quite nicely, but the things I don't like are that both the volume rocker and the power button are covered. I prefer full cutouts so the buttons are more recessed

I bought a black/gray Qubits case for my Nexus from Amazon and both buttons are not covered. I too am hoping it still fits if I go for the extended battery.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Can you possibly post pictures of the fitment issue? This is what I was worried about with retailers not specifying LTE or GSM.

smokeydriver

Reaction score
Here's my review I just posted on Amazon (oh, and I ordered it last night at 9:30 PM, I'm a Prime member...free as a student...and did NOT pay for overnight...I stuck to the two day shipping...and got it today at noon!)

I literally JUST received mine in the mail a few minutes ago. It fits with the regular AND extended battery. The screen on/off and volume rocker buttons are fully covered. The charge port, headphone jack, and three dock pins are open access. There is a bit of grip to the sides. The frosted part of the cover is slick, but the clear part does have some grip to it...better than the back of the standard phone. I got the clear one....I like the grey on the phone. and I can still see it...I feel like the black version would make this look too much like every other phone on the market.