Quality antivirus for Android?

ngt

Reaction score
Been streaming nba games and may have picked something up. What's good out there or what would you suggest? Besides stopping streaming nba games, lol

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Zero. Android doesn't have virii.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What makes you think you may have picked up a virus?

There are apps like AVG, Malwarebytes, etc. but they're not going to be very effective on Android unless you're deliberately trying to get a virus just to test it out

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
What makes you think you may have picked up a virus?

There are apps like AVG, Malwarebytes, etc. but they're not going to be very effective on Android unless you're deliberately trying to get a virus just to test it out

While browsing or on forums, where i never had this issue before, i randomly get this new pop up window. It says congratulations, you are the winner select ok to see your prize or something like that. I first saw it when opening a link on Reddit, but now it comes up a few times a day at random.

hauckk

Reaction score
eset antivirus a paid app has a free full trial version on Google play at least last I checked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
While browsing or on forums, where i never had this issue before, i randomly get this new pop up window. It says congratulations, you are the winner select ok to see your prize or something like that. I first saw it when opening a link on Reddit, but now it comes up a few times a day at random.
You installed an app that is doing that. It's not a virus. What's the last app you downloaded?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Install any new free game apps lately?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
No, i don't have games besides my old purchased nes emulator, but I've had that for a few phones. Last thing i downloaded was Google home, but it happened before that. Is there a way to find the app doing it? Like an air push type app?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes there are a few air push detector apps.
You say this only happens in your browser? What browser? If Chrome there's a thread about the same situation you're experiencing I read recently on this forum but don't remember its title. It's some setting in Chrome that you have to enable that blocks those ads.
This isn't the one I was thinking of but it's similar with same solution.
http://www.droidforums.net/index.php?posts/2722141

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Reactions: ngt
OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
Thank you! I'll give that a shot!

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
You installed an app that is doing that. It's not a virus. What's the last app you downloaded?

Why am i getting this? and no i don't go to "adult sites" unless reddit, nbastreams is considered adult.

Capture_2017-01-01-14-40-35_zps4o2ilsgo.png

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
I downloaded avg and it says nothing is wrong.

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
I tried malwarebites and it wants me to uninstall Where'sMyDroid.

Thoughts?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Finding your phone is baked into Android. You don't need that. Google: Android Device Manager. Login and find your phone. Couldn't be easier.

Reactions: ngt
OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
Finding your phone is baked into Android. You don't need that. Google: Android Device Manager. Login and find your phone. Couldn't be easier.

Didn't know that. Thanks!

What do you think about that Google virus pop-up?