Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 Gives You a 0-50% Charge In Just 15 Minutes

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
download-jpg.78124

While scientist continue developing the next generation of battery technology Qualcomm continues to be on the cutting edge of battery charging tech. For now the options we have for full day battery life is to put giant 3000mah + batteries in our phones, optimize software for better efficiency, and recharge our phones during the day to get us through. With the Snapdragon 845 processor Qualcomm has also announced the all new Quick Charge 4. Quick Charge 4 will give you a 0-50% charge in about 15 minutes. Even if your phone won't last you the entire day I think it is safe to say we can all spare 15 minutes for a quick top off. The charger shown off at the announcement is about 2x the size of Samsung's current adaptive fast charger, but that being said it will likely remain plugged into a wall so it doesn't necessarily need to be super portable. Hopefully the next advancement we see will be in extremely long life batteries.

via Qualcomm

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 2,475

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
not bad at all. would be nice to have that charge in 15 minutes as long as the phone don't explode :)

Last edited:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
The Real Limiter is Battery Tech. Once Batteries can be Stable enough to Charge Quickly without excessive Heat this will change the game.

I wonder what the Power output is. I know that the Turbo Power 30 for the Moto Z Series are 30W. my Samsung Galaxy Note8 Charger is a 5V, 2A, 10W & 9V,1.67A,15W Max Charger.

Briankbl

Reaction score
My Pixel 2 XL already does this...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk