Qualcomm Might Team-Up with Samsung for their Next Snapdragon Chipset

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rumors in the industry are suggesting that Qualcomm might actually turn to Samsung to help them manufacture their next Snapdragon chipset: Samsung could manufacture Qualcomm s 3GHz Snapdragon 820
Wait Qualcomm is helping Samsung, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Don't get me wrong Qualcomm has made some good chipsets but Samsung passed on them for their own chipset because of the heating issues.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Qualcomm probably wants Samsung to feel better after the overheating issues with the 810. They need Samsung on their side.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Regardless of the industry, the "top dog" never stays top dog forever.
In this day and age one little stumble and people will kick you to the curb without hesitation, we see it all the time. They'll be back, with or without Samsung.

S5 tap'n

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait Qualcomm is helping Samsung, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Don't get me wrong Qualcomm has made some good chipsets but Samsung passed on them for their own chipset because of the heating issues.
You misunderstood the post. I didn't say Qualcomm is helping Samsung... it is the other way around. Samsung would be building Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 chipset for them (if the rumor is true). And, you are correct, it is precisely because they want Samsung's 14nm process to help them with heat issues.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Collaboration does too. There's nothing wrong with companies coming together on occasion to assist each other.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. I suppose you're right. I was just thinking that. Wouldn't be bad for them to get together and solve the issues one of them is having and then part ways again.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup! We wouldn't want a permanent team-up because that could cause stagnation, but coming together to solve problems might help the entire industry.