Quake 2 for android

rydeordie

Reaction score
No sound at all when running Quake2 .... anyone else experience this?

It came back for a minute last night but then gone again...

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
there is sound but it's so bugged that you may as well play muted.

the game runs superbly though :)

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
I can't get this to work, i installed it using the app manager in Astro. When i go to launch the game (once in the splash) i get "couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx" ..... i have downloaded/reinstalled several times.

i dunno why everyone uses an app installer, try clicking on the apk in a file viewer, i used OI File Manager, i just clicked on it, and make sure you download those files it prompts you too, i wouldnt use your own, just download the one they offer, i have sound and runs smooth, no problems at all

kamileon

Reaction score
I can't get this to work, i installed it using the app manager in Astro. When i go to launch the game (once in the splash) i get "couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx" ..... i have downloaded/reinstalled several times.

I was getting the same error, you have to download the pak first before it will play. Start the game, when the quake II screen comes up hit the menu key and instead of launch hit install pak. I had to do this a cou[ple of times before it installed. Make sure you check the force download, after I did that it installed.

sdrawkcabton88

Reaction score

I was getting the same error, you have to download the pak first before it will play. Start the game, when the quake II screen comes up hit the menu key and instead of launch hit install pak. I had to do this a cou[ple of times before it installed. Make sure you check the force download, after I did that it installed.

I've done this 3 times. Plugged my phone into my PC so the screen doesn't go dark. Still get the time-out message, once after about 10 min, once after 5 min, once about 10 seconds after.

Any advice?

omni

Reaction score
can u disable those ugly pads on the screen and use droid keyboard?

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
Yes u can use the droid keyboard

Also the screen resolution for the droid is 854x480 so what u requested is actually the wrong size

gentlefury

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know I decided to run this on my droid after overclocking to 800MHz and I am getting 45fps!! Crazy!!