Quake 2 for android

kamileon

Reaction score
is there a place we can get the PAK from and dl it to our pc then just put in our sd card....its taking forever to dl it through the program...and it keeps timing out

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
is there a place we can get the PAK from and dl it to our pc then just put in our sd card....its taking forever to dl it through the program...and it keeps timing out

that i do not know, try it over wifi instead of 3g and also i believe there is an option for force install you might wanna try that too

Delirious17

Reaction score
i reinstalled using appsinstaller...maybe you could tell me how you got yours installed properly step by step? i must be doing something wrong...:(

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
i reinstalled using appsinstaller...maybe you could tell me how you got yours installed properly step by step? i must be doing something wrong...:(

lets see, i downloaded it on my computer, and then i transferred it to my sd card (i put it into the "download" folder because im OCD like that, then i used "OI File Manager" to go to my "download" folder, i clicked on the apk, hit install, then i downloaded the stuff it told me to download (on the phone), and thats about it

Delirious17

Reaction score
Ah I see i added my own .pak files but if you don't download the stuff it tells you to...it doesn't download the sounds. Sounds are a bit buggy and feel incomplete but definitely an improvement :)

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
Ah I see i added my own .pak files but if you don't download the stuff it tells you to...it doesn't download the sounds. Sounds are a bit buggy and feel incomplete but definitely an improvement :)

oh, i gotcha, yeah, like i said the sound isnt great, i usually turn it off anyways

enkryptik

Reaction score
runs great for me as far as framerate. sounds are a tad screwed but do work. main thing is that we need multi-touch for both quake and quake 2 so onscreen keys would be perfect. kinda like how iphone/ipod touch does it. i have quite a few sweet games on my ipod touch but would rather see these on droid instead as i carry my phone EVERYWHERE!

dunno why but it seems that a lot of devs don't take advantage of the multi-touch features for example these and also the emulators. arg!

anyways, keep up the great work

EDIT: on a side note, could anyone imagine PSO on the droid??? *DROOLS* the game doesn't need a great ping or bandwidth and it sure isn't top of the line graphics but omg it would rule... think about it, we already have a hardware keyboard for the chat part. I'll stop dreaming now, sorry.

Last edited:
OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
runs great for me as far as framerate. sounds are a tad screwed but do work. main thing is that we need multi-touch for both quake and quake 2 so onscreen keys would be perfect. kinda like how iphone/ipod touch does it. i have quite a few sweet games on my ipod touch but would rather see these on droid instead as i carry my phone EVERYWHERE!

dunno why but it seems that a lot of devs don't take advantage of the multi-touch features for example these and also the emulators. arg!

anyways, keep up the great work

why would you use the touch screen controls, you have a dpad and tons of buttons

enkryptik

Reaction score
because with touch screen, you can have dual virtual analog sticks like with ipod touch. the dpad sucks hardcore for games at least for me it does.
games to reference to on iphone/ipod touch: resident evil, fallen, SANDSTORM OMG it's freakin awesome

VIDEOS: sandstorm iphone - Google Videos

Last edited:
OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
i prefer the dpad, it works for me, i use it to look around in quake, i move forward and back with q and a, i have been doing pretty good with it

LordKastle

Reaction score
Quake 3 Arena was a step in a different direction than the previous Quake's. It is considered one of the great FPS multiplayer games but for playing something on a Droid or similar device (screen size), I might have to give the edge to Quake 1 and 2... Besides they are the originals and are simply darker and grimmer.

rydeordie

Reaction score
WoW Q2 rules! My favorite game of all time. I used to live in this game. It looks awesome but sound is all weird..... is there a fix for this?

FNDelta

Reaction score
I can't get this to work, i installed it using the app manager in Astro. When i go to launch the game (once in the splash) i get "couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx" ..... i have downloaded/reinstalled several times.