Quadrant screenshots from DX running 2.2

washburnmav

Reaction score
I did the tweak birdman mentioned on his twitter earlier today - setting the stagefright media player setting to TRUE in build.prop. That's how we're all getting 2000+. I can get 2150+ repeatedly.

Sound is greatly improved in both media and ringtones. I'm very happy with it.

Does this require rooting your phone? Is this the only thing you did or did you follow the Keep your Droid X running snappy guide?

avt123

Reaction score
Yea, I'm interested in how some people are getting 2000+ as well...

because the benchmark numbers are CRAP!!!! it's WAY off!! NOT a good source to follow....
Quadrant Benchmark App, Not so Awesome? | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Yea I was just interested in how it was happening, but now I know it was a tweak.

0c3349c7.png

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
My Quad scores are very inconsistent... First run on Froyo (no build.pro fix) was around 1500. After the fix I hit 1900+... Decided to do a full fresh install (sbf to stock, root, flash, wipe cache) After 2-3 reboots and once all the bg processes settled I ran quad again, Scored 2200+

Went back to stock 2.1 though, the leak was too buggy for me, even after all the user fixes it was still not clean enough for me.

Amagine

Reaction score
My Quad scores are very inconsistent... First run on Froyo (no build.pro fix) was around 1500. After the fix I hit 1900+... Decided to do a full fresh install (sbf to stock, root, flash, wipe cache) After 2-3 reboots and once all the bg processes settled I ran quad again, Scored 2200+

Went back to stock 2.1 though, the leak was too buggy for me, even after all the user fixes it was still not clean enough for me.

I haven't had an issue except with trillian... but thats a beta app..

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
1393 before any tweaking just took off bloatware. About to try that stagefright tweak and see what it does.

I believe it enables Stagefright and disables Opencore for multimedia tasks. Stagefright is faster and more efficient, hence the higher scores. However, it is a bit buggy; which is why it is disabled by default.