Q's re: back cover & Motocast

ramar

Reaction score
1) The bottom of the back cover (near speaker) is not flush with the phone.* There is a gap between the cover and the phone wider than my fingernail.* Is this normal?

2) Is there supposed to be a icon to launch Motocast?* I can't find it and I didn't hide it. Strange...

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

reybie

Reaction score
1. If the back cover was not installed properly the first time (slide up) then the retaining hook probably snapped off.

2. I don't remember seeing an icon for motocast, I access my music from the My Music icon, then My Library.

OP
ramar

ramar

Reaction score
Reybie,

It doesn't look like anything snapped off. I think I see what you mean by the retaining hook but it appears that it's not retaining. :(

Thanks... I stumbled on Motocast. You're right... there isn't an icon.

reybie

Reaction score
Ramar,
The only way you can really tell if the hook is gone is if you look at a back fresh out of bag or from someone else's phone. That's how mine looked like when the sales person tried to snap the back cover of my phone on.

droidbound

Reaction score
reg 1) that cannot be normal. Mine is completely flush with the phone. Did you try to take the cover off and put it back on?

reg 2) Motocast is basicly a service that runs in the background on your phone and on your PC. You use it if and when you use the 'My Music' app, the Gallery, Social Networks widget...
On the PC it should (annoyingly) pop up whenever you connect the phone in USB mode.
If you need to get to your Motocast account settings, that's under the My Accounts app

OP
ramar

ramar

Reaction score
Thanks folks! I need to find time to go to the Verizon store and ask for a new back cover.

OP
ramar

ramar

Reaction score
I got a new back cover and it fits flush. They said I wasn't the first customer with this problem. Just fyi...