Q's an More Q's

awesomely-funsized!

Reaction score
Hey Im anxiously waiting for my Droid 2 which should be here today. Im trying to find whats the best apps and if the Droid has a back up memory ( ex. if I delete txt messages will they be totally deleted or will they be backed up). :icon_ banana:

Canadroid

Reaction score
Hey welcome to the forums, nice choice on that D2!

As far as I'm aware the D2 will not save or archive your text message conversations automatically--once you long press and delete the log it's gone.

I'm sure there is a fancy app around somewhere (don't know of one off the top of my head) that can take care of this for you, in a pinch just long press to copy the whole conversation; I would think you can paste & save them manually on the phone or export to a PC.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just stopping in to give the welcome and i have heard titanium backup is a good app for backing everything up

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple good apps i have found: InkPad Pro, ASTRO File manager, Speed Test app, Pandora, MixZing, Barcode Scanner, WeatherBug Elite, and of course Droid Forum app. i hope these can help you get started on your way

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forums!!

Congrats on the upcoming D2...

Some apps I like are Executive Assistant, LauncherPro Plus, Jorte, PowerAmp, Clockr...

OP
A

awesomely-funsized!

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations. Is there n e way to lock D2 screen? Like I dnt want my phone to be used without my permission can't I set it to require a pw or pin etc before it can be opened?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into settings/location & security/set-up lockscreen and setup a password or pattern