QR Droid App and mp3 files

Judya

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and have been using QR Droid to scan QR codes. For the most part, it's worked successfully when opening urls and text files. However, my phone won't open any mp3 files. (My phone opened an mp3 file a couple of times a few weeks ago with no rhyme or reason. Now it won't open them at all.)

I also tried QuickMark QR reader app and it won't open them either. My partner has a Droid X and uses the QR Droid app and his works fine every time. I'm wondering what I can do to fix this problem.

Any ideas, anyone??

leftspin

Reaction score
try:

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>QR Droid>Clear Data&Force Stop

then try opening the app and using it to open an MP3

OP
J

Judya

Reaction score
Thanks, Leftspin, but that didn't work. I only have the option of "clear data". It doesn't let me perform the force stop. I also tried it on QuickMark. Grrrrr...it's really irritating that MY phone just won't cooperate. My partner and I have had our phones side by side and gone through everything we can think of to compare with no notable differences. But...his works and mine doesn't. We're currently working on incorporating QR codes in a publication we publish. I'm the editor/graphic designer and I'm the one to test them before they go to print. I'm mainly concerned that this is an issue with other user's phones.

leftspin

Reaction score
Thanks, Leftspin, but that didn't work. I only have the option of "clear data". It doesn't let me perform the force stop. I also tried it on QuickMark. Grrrrr...it's really irritating that MY phone just won't cooperate. My partner and I have had our phones side by side and gone through everything we can think of to compare with no notable differences. But...his works and mine doesn't. We're currently working on incorporating QR codes in a publication we publish. I'm the editor/graphic designer and I'm the one to test them before they go to print. I'm mainly concerned that this is an issue with other user's phones.

That's a pretty big issue for you then. Since it happens across all the QR scanners you've tried it's definitely an issue with your phone and not a certain app. I did some Googling but it didn't come up with anything, sorry I couldn't be more help ):