QR Codes

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I think these things are so cool is there a app where u can scan a code and it will import it into ur contacts if it has contact information?

What do you guys think about QR Codes?

bigtmonee

Reaction score
Yo I've seen these things, do you mind explaining to me what they are and how i can take advantage of them as well?

Thanks!

Guurzak

Reaction score
QR codes are a way to encode data (any kind of data) in a form which your phone can scan and automatically recognize. For example, if someone encodes a link to a Market app, you can pull up that code on your compute screen and scan it with your phone; this will make your phone automatically pull up that market entry so you can download the app. So it saves you the trouble of opening the market app and manually typing in the name.

Likewise, a contact QR can be scanned and automatically put someone's name, phone number, email, etc into your contacts rather than you having to type everything in. Or a website code could be used to just point someone to a web link or youtube video.

Download Barcode Scanner and Goggles from the Market; both of them recognize QR's.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, to use the QR code with contact information, Barcode Scanner allows you to use the "share" option when editing a contact (you have to edit the contact). I just tried this today and it worked great.

For Goggles, you can scan any business card and it will import the contact info for you.

Guurzak

Reaction score
As 640K posted, you can use the Barcode Scanner app to create a QR code right on your droid's screen for someone else to scan. To create codes that you can save, post on the web, etc, use one of the generators from Mr. Steve's link.

You can order a customized "add to friends" T-shirt which will let someone scan your shirt and automatically add you on Facebook. You could also print QR codes on marketing materials like fliers or ads, on a coffee mug, etc. Basically, any time you want to make electronic information available to someone who isn't at their computer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You can order a customized "add to friends" T-shirt which will let someone scan your shirt and automatically add you on Facebook. You could also print QR codes on marketing materials like fliers or ads, on a coffee mug, etc. Basically, any time you want to make electronic information available to someone who isn't at their computer.

lol, I can just see everyone walking around with QR tee shirts and people walking up to them with their Droids and scanning. The new way to say "hello."

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
qr codes not just an android thing, i sent my brother a couple of codes and he scanned it with his iphone. Just to joke around with him i sent him this

img.php

coondogg97

Reaction score
qr codes not just an android thing, i sent my brother a couple of codes and he scanned it with his iphone. Just to joke around with him i sent him this

img.php

LOL @ iSuck

There is also a FireFox plugin you can download that will display any page or link in a QR code right from your browser. So all you have to do is scan the page to open it on your iPod or scan a link to download a file.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score