Qi Fast Chargers Will Bring Wireless Charging At 3X The Juice!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Today the Wireless Power Consortium has announced that Qi Fast Charging is coming! This may be exactly what wireless charging needs to really become more mainstream. This has been one of the main reasons I have not gone all out with wireless chargers. I normally end up just using my aukey qualcomm fast charger or one of my fast charges that came with my Note 4 and Galaxy S6. I would much rather use a wireless charger and once this is available this will more than likely be my favorite way to charge devices.

This technology will be able to charge devices at 15watts. Most Qi charges now top out at around 5watts. Wireless charging times should effectively triple. My Galaxy S6 normally takes about 4.5 hours to charge on a standard charger so this means you should be able to get a full charge on a compatible device in about an hour to an hour and a half. It is not known when this technology will be available, but I hope it will be soon!

via WPC

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
The excitement is building!!! I've effective replaced my desk with wireless chargers for that extra charge I need when I simply place down my phone. Good to know we might soon be able to save on our charging ports by replacing them with these.