qe 1/1 help

ghostmod

Reaction score
Ok, so when I boot into recovery its saying qe 1/1 which would mean I'm rooted but when I do a root check it says that I'm not rooted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
There have been several people who have never rooted that this happens to so the general consensus is that its malfunctioning on some phones.

Crazebeats

Reaction score
It means the phone has been rooted at one time or another not that it's rooted now. There is no known way to get it back to 0/1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It means the phone has been rooted at one time or another not that it's rooted now. There is no known way to get it back to 0/1

If it means that my Bionic was once rooted that's amazing. That means that someone at the Verizon store rooted my phone before I bought it.

Crazebeats

Reaction score
If it means that my Bionic was once rooted that's amazing. That means that someone at the Verizon store rooted my phone before I bought it.

Or you purchased a refurbished one without knowing

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quick refurbish considering I got it September 12, 2011.

Taking a look at http://phandroid.com/2012/08/27/roo...and-droid-razrmaxx-ice-cream-sandwich-builds/ it says...

When booting into the recovery, a three character notation will come up letting prying eyes know what you’ve done to your device. For instance, “qe 0/0″ means your device has never been rooted, “qe 1/1″ means your device is currently rooted, and “qe 0/1″ means it was rooted before, but currently isn’t.

Also I have JuiceDefender Ultimate installed. For the last couple of months it won't start at bootup. When I open the app it says that the phone is NOT rooted and therefore can't install the AOSP Helper. The app Root Checker also says I'm not rooted. In my case the malfunction theory is the most plausible.

Last edited:
OP
ghostmod

ghostmod

Reaction score
I wish we could go back to gingerbread. ICS is awful. I need control of my phone again.

Olhonda

Reaction score
Mine is the same way. q/e 1/1 and I bought it launch day and never rooted.

It's got to be a malfunction.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My concern with a root check feature is that. If it is not accurate and I get charged for returning a once rooted device that would anger me.
Not sure what or how VZW plan on handling the root checker. I do know before they can bill a customer the must present it in clear writing stating what they are looking for, ways customers and CSR can verify what the status is upon purchase and notate it, and consequences of not returning the device in a certain state. Until then those root check will be for their statistics.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2