[Q] Switching Phones?

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Whenever the Thunderbolt finally does come out I am going to be giving my Droid X to my Dad and using his update to get the Thunderbolt! My question is what would be the easiest way to go about doing this? My phone is rooted with Liberty 1.5 on it and I would like to keep it that way when I give it to him if possible. If I just do a factory reset from the settings menu would that leave the rom and everything else intact and just reset the phone so my dad could log in with his gmail? Or should I just restore my stock backup before I bring the phone into Verizon and let them take care of it. Or flash the Madersctock zip, i'm really not sure and could use some suggestions??

jonecat

Reaction score
Honestly I would put it back to stock unless your Dad is a power user. Regardless just wipe the phone and you can change the phone to his number online through verizonwireless.com. Once you switch the phone to line you will just need to activate it like normal. No need to take it into a store to have it done.

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
Best way... IMO. :)

Boot into Clockwork, Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Reboot. It will be just like when you flashed the ROM.

BTW... You have more balls than I do. If I set my dad up on a rooted DX I would have to change my phone number from all the question calls I would be getting. Lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
dirtyfingers

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Honestly I would put it back to stock unless your Dad is a power user. Regardless just wipe the phone and you can change the phone to his number online through verizonwireless.com. Once you switch the phone to line you will just need to activate it like normal. No need to take it into a store to have it done.
Well, I am going to have to go to the store anyways to get the thunderbolt so it would be easier to just have them do it.

OP
dirtyfingers

dirtyfingers

Reaction score

Boot into Clockwork, Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Reboot. It will be just like when you flashed the ROM.

BTW... You have more balls than I do. If I set my dad up on a rooted DX I would have to change my phone number from all the question calls I would be getting. Lol.

So if I did that the rom and theme would still be on there and he would just have to log in with his account?

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com

So if I did that the rom and theme would still be on there and he would just have to log in with his account?

Yep, just like a fresh install. It will wipe all the user data ie. Accounts, settings, etc.