1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Q: On Liquid ROMs And Their Use of cache...

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by jrredho, Oct 12, 2011.

1. jrredho

jrredho Member

Hey All, I recently decided to give GB 2.3.7-based Liquid 3.0 a go after having some (minor, admittedly) problems with re-establishing connections while going in and out of 3g and/or 1x reception zones on some of the other GB-based ROMs. I'm not having as many connection problems, so that's good, but I get the dreaded "Insufficient space on device" error after a clean ROM install during app syncing. I've seen via a forum search that this error is common, as well as old, and it's led me to ask: Do the Liquid ROMs use cache in a fundamentally different way than other GB ROMs? I ask for a few reasons: (1) When I look at my available space after the above error, the only thing that's topping out is my cache usage. (2) After I get this failure, again from a clean install, I can reboot into recovery and wipe the cache, then load my remaining apps with no problems. (Other than the fact that I haven't found an easy way to do this, so it's a pretty big headache.) (3) Finally, after doing a full app installation, if at any time I go ahead and do the reboot-wipe-cache thing, the reboot takes significantly longer than just a normal reboot without the wipe. Also, just after the wipe, I see that I'm at close to 40% cache usage. On, e.g., PE6.5 my typical cleanly wiped and rebooted cache usage is something like 2%. Thanks for any guidance you guys might provide me on this. I really know very little about this whole business, and confess to be an almost total non-contributor to these forums... cheers, john
  2. MS2SF

MS2SF New Member

Not sure about caches but I move some apps to SD card using TiBu and that frees up internal memory

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums