[Q][Need Help] "Android is upgrading" after rom.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by berkerbey, Jun 28, 2015.

1. berkerbey

berkerbey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia S Lt26i
    Hello guys, I have a problem.
    I'll write what I did step by step. I have a Lt26i (4.1.2 JB) I have not changed my phone's features like upgrading version, installing rom etc. since I bought the device , Therefor I have not a lot knowledge, it is first time to do something about android. Anyway, I did root with KingoRoot. Root is completely done, there was no problem about that. After then, I unlocked the BootLoader. When I checked it , I saw "Bootloader unlock : yes." . There is no problem too. Then, I installed BusyBox to install ClockworkMod (CWM). I managed to install CWM with DoomLord's thread, with no problems. It was time to search a custom rom. I decided to install [ROM][JB .96][XS][LB/UL] Dark Honami v1 - Stock Based , I rebooted my device in CWM Recovery. First, on CWM screen I installed zip file which I had downloaded. I did not anything else. Then I selected "Reboot System Now". System was rebooted. My problem is here. There is a process box on black screen. "Android is upgrading" is written on it. I waited more than 1 hour, but my phone was not launched. I tried to turn off the phone with power button, it didn't work. I pressed volume up and power button and shutdown my device, waited a few seconds and try to turn on. That process box was displayed again , I waited sometime but it was not launched... I tried wiping cache and delvik but it didn't worked . I am not able to pass that screen , my device is not launched ... the process box is always processing.... I searched the forum but I couldn't find a solution. Please help me. Thanks. :( :(

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Welcome to the Forum @berkerbey
    Try wiping cache & delvik and then flash the ROM. Let us know if that worked.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,934
    That is normal for Android to upgrade if you do not wipe system, data, cache, aka factory reset.

I dirty flash minor system updates and the df king of dirty flashing @bkdodger does it all the time.

4. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,934
    Edit
    Didn't read the hour part, sorry.

Do a clean install.
    You should be able to manually boot into recovery or plug in your computer and type: adb reboot recovery

Hopefully you have adb and fast boot set up on your computer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. berkerbey

berkerbey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia S Lt26i
    Hey thanks @Jeffrey .
    I tried to wipe data after I had installed the rom. This time, My device is able to launch, I can see Sony's Terms of Use , I can press apply or deny. But there is a problem. In this screen I am recieving a error message. Keybord stopped, Contacts stopped. Xperia Home stopped. Whenever I pressed OK it appears again. Please help me.

Hi @pc747 . Honestly, I don't know what adb is..

6. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,707
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
  7. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Put the phone into recovery Now wipe cache & delvik. Select your ROM and flash it.

8. berkerbey

berkerbey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia S Lt26i
    Hey @Jeffrey , There s a problem. In cwm screen I entered mount area and I did format system, format data, format cache. After then, I cannot access to CWM. I rebooted my phone several times, Sony text appeared and not passed that screen. Normally, When I rebooted my phone, In "Sony text" screen, My Led was turned Blue and I pressed volume up or down then CWM opened. After I had format system, format data, format cache, I was not able to access CWM. I just want to use my device again, so I am trying flashtool to flash stock rom. But there is a problem here too. I completely installed flashtool and drivers, I pressed volume down simultaneously ı connected the usb cable. Device's led turned green and device turned in flashmod. Problem is here. I cennoected in flashmod, a few seconds later my phone automatically exit flashmode and tried turn on ... and the sony text appears again.. Just wanna use it again....

9. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    I'm not sure what needs to be done. I suggest you wait till one of our tech guys can walk you through the process.

10. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,934
    How did you root and install recovery without adb?

If you used a script menu you should be able to use that script menu to fix your issue.

Or if you made a backup you can restore it (easiest method)

11. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    He said he used KingRoot. He probably used the APK version which he can't get back to. I think he can use the KingRoot Windows version.

12. berkerbey

berkerbey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia S Lt26i
    @Jeffrey @pc747 I used KingoRoot I downloaded from kingoapp.com. I did root it from my PC. For CWM; I installed BusyBox to my phone and use a .bat file I downloaded from xda - developers.

Search tags for this page

android device not upgrading after 10 power button presses

android is upgrading

android is upgrading after using kingroot
root android upgrading starting apps
why after installing busybox i see android is upgrading while rebooting