[Q] Incredible 2 & Incredible S Rom

marcieevee

Reaction score
is there any roms or devs out there for the incredible 2? can the incredible 2 be flashed with the incredible s roms since theyre somewhat the same phone?

anguish

Reaction score
No. The devices are different enough that an IS ROM likely wouldn't work on it (I won't rule it out though, since I'm not an expert). That said, we haven't even achieved perm root yet, so no ROMs yet anyway.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
is there any roms or devs out there for the incredible 2? can the incredible 2 be flashed with the incredible s roms since theyre somewhat the same phone?

The incredible 2, the Verizon version of the incredible s, is the exact same hardware. There is a software switch turned on in the incredible 2 that prevents system files from being permanently modified. Permanent root is extremely unlikely to ever happen on incredible 2 unless Verizon gives HTC the okay to remove the lock.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

bik2101

Reaction score

The incredible 2, the Verizon version of the incredible s, is the exact same hardware. There is a software switch turned on in the incredible 2 that prevents system files from being permanently modified. Permanent root is extremely unlikely to ever happen on incredible 2 unless Verizon gives HTC the okay to remove the lock.

you spoke too soon! :)

sunny_d

Reaction score
well looks like we shall be getting rom's since the incredible 2 was rooted today! :)

kingsway8605

Reaction score

Not yet. The incredible s was rooted afaik, not the incredible 2. As an inc2 owner, I hope I am wrong.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

sunny_d

Reaction score

Not yet. The incredible s was rooted afaik, not the incredible 2. As an inc2 owner, I hope I am wrong.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ff-achieved-permanent-root-alpharev-team.html

just sharing the wealth!!! :) still not released, but a big step forward!!