[Q] Housing Compatibility?

clockcycle

Reaction score
[Q] Housing Interchangeability?

What other, if any, housings fit or are interchangeable, as replacements for the D2G?

-CC

Last edited:
OP
clockcycle

clockcycle

Reaction score
Wanna elaborate a bit?

Sent from my Banana Phone

Sure, what other device(s) housing parts might be compatible, be used to, replace parts on a D2G A956?

Or, do parts from a Droid 2, R2D2, Milestone 2 or other similar device have interchangeable housing/casing parts that might be easier to search for/find to use to repair/ replace damaged ones on a Droid 2 Global?

-CC

Jonas

Reaction score
From my understanding, the Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global are near on the same in terms of hardware. But I will need comfirmation from someone else. Why are you asking? Have you broken your phone, or are you trying to make some hybrid phone?

Jonas

Reaction score
Just a quick note, D2G parts are everywhere. The D2G is the replacement phone for vzw for a lot of customers, so its become very easy to come by them.

OP
clockcycle

clockcycle

Reaction score
I am searching ebay for housings, not finding many options specific to the D2G, but have found for other similar looking devices. In my search, the R2D2 device caught my eye. I've been able to find more D2 complete phones, broken as is for parts as well and wanted to confirm before bidding/buying.

Thanks,

-CC

Jonas

Reaction score
Don't buy off of my word. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm sure others will chime in tomorrow, as its late in the states.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
D2 and D2G have different cases. Try looking up the photos of the back side and pay attention to the camera there.

Mike253

Reaction score
Well, recently I tried a parts swap between two phones (Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global)
note : the Droid 2's touch screen doesn't work on one side it failed so I decide since the Droid 2 Global has a good touch screen and in better shape keyboard I decided to swap them out since the Global wouldn't boot (bricked). And, I didn't have the tools to just check the digitizer and I was worried about the adhesive crap reapplying it.

They both boot but no graphics and the Droid 2 would just vibrate like it was getting a call until you pull the battery.

Rambling, but

Yes you can throw a Droid 2 motherboard into the global edition, just know you need the back housing to make it pretty much fully compatible and also change out the screen and digitizer possibly.

Sent from my DROID X2 Running CM7

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
The fact that the digitisers are different was mentioned at least several times on this forum, though.

Mike253

Reaction score
Lol yeah.. I'm sure. I haven't really researched the matter much, I just wanted my Droid 2 to work. But eh, oh well, ill just buy a digitizer off eBay or something.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't be too hard to get just the digitizer. What I found hard to located was the digitizer attached to the front plate to safe the hassle of trying to line up the adhesive and having to deal with dust under the screen.

Mike253

Reaction score
Well I got a digitizer off another Droid 2 but apparently the ribbon cable or the digitizer is messed up because the main android capactive buttons don't work. Surprisingly, I'm actually getting burnt out on the issues phones have hardware and software wise, anymore I just want them to work lol.