[Q] Droid 4 - Can't answer phone - screen unresponsive without power off/on ?

vprasad

Reaction score
Is anyone else finding that they're unable to answer the phone if a call comes in when the screen was previously in an off state? The work around is to hit power to turn off/on the screen to get it to respond and hopefully not miss the call.

Steps to replicate:
1) phone screen is off
2) phone call comes in and screen comes on
3) attempt to touch anything on the screen to try to answer and there is no response
4) hit power button to turn off screen and then hit power button again to turn screen back on
5) screen is now responsive and will allow you to answer or ignore the call

Does this seem like an software bug or a config setting somewhere? or maybe something wrong with the phone itself? Should we take it back to VZW for an exchange?

amishdude01

Reaction score
IMO, if that was my phone, I would try to restore my phone to factory settings and if that didnt fix it I would go to verizon and demand a replacement. I really dont know what could be causing that though. Do you have some app that has access to the screen settings? It could easily be a hardware issue too though.

stevex64

Reaction score
I have that problem, HTC Rezound. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to be irritating. And so far, I find no fix. When this problem presents itself, sometimes it finally responds before the call goes to voice mail, sometimes not.