[Q] Bricked my phone! HELP PLEASE!

narrowpath

Reaction score
alright so i just bricked my phone. i've done a lot of research on how to bring it back and none of my attempts have worked.

i booted into the bootload selection menu and then go to AP fastboot but unfortunately my battery is too low to use the droidrazr utility tool.

so then i found this thread to get my battery to at least 50%:

Low Battery charge in Ap Fastboot Fix - xda-developers

however when i try to get the phone charged by selecting BP tools it just is stuck at the M logo splash forever (i've used plugging into the wall and the computer, both haven't worked)

i can get to the stock recovery but cannot get to the clockwork mod recovery.

is it possible to get to the stock recovery with a signed ROM and flash a ROM from there?

any help would be helpful!!! thanks

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
alright so i just bricked my phone. i've done a lot of research on how to bring it back and none of my attempts have worked.

i booted into the bootload selection menu and then go to AP fastboot but unfortunately my battery is too low to use the droidrazr utility tool.

so then i found this thread to get my battery to at least 50%:

Low Battery charge in Ap Fastboot Fix - xda-developers

however when i try to get the phone charged by selecting BP tools it just is stuck at the M logo splash forever (i've used plugging into the wall and the computer, both haven't worked)

i can get to the stock recovery but cannot get to the clockwork mod recovery.

is it possible to get to the stock recovery with a signed ROM and flash a ROM from there?

any help would be helpful!!! thanks

I have used the method described there and the alternate mentioned in another thread - both essentially accomplishing the same thing. If you are unsuccessful, you can try fabricating your own http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/146492-how-why-make-your-own-motorola-factory-cable.html. With that cable, you can bypass the charger circuitry that requires the Operating System and instead both charge and flash even without a battery.

You can also buy them online. I know TeamBlackHat had them (Factory style programming cable (for Motorola) ) but they're out of stock at the moment. If you google Droid RAZR Factory Programming Cable, you may find one.

OP
N

narrowpath

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. i know that you can buy them on ebay but i was trying to make one myself with this video

[video=youtube;qs2t-7ALT7U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs2t-7ALT7U&feature=player_embedded[/video]

i haven't tried making it like in the thread you posted because it seems pretty complex

Last edited:
OP
N

narrowpath

Reaction score
i know when i had an EVO i was able to use a signed zip ROM and use the stock recovery to flash a new ROM. is their anything like that for the razr? because i can get to the stock recovery....seeing if i can take advantage of that.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
i know when i had an EVO i was able to use a signed zip ROM and use the stock recovery to flash a new ROM. is their anything like that for the razr? because i can get to the stock recovery....seeing if i can take advantage of that.

There are no signed ROMs that can be direct flashed that I know of. The closest thing we have is the Fastboot files.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.