Q & A Time?

bconte88

Reaction score
alright getting ready to root my tbolt usin Easyroot + S-Off [Version 1.6.3.11] and have a few questions... i can handle the root for the most part but afterwards i was wanting to flash a rom... i was wantin bamf Sense 3.0 RC4 because lets face it sense 3.0 looks f'in awesome... to do this do i just dl the file put it on my sd card and install? or is there other things to this?

*EDIT* WTH does s-off mean?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
S-Off means the bootloader is unlocked.

After the root procedure is finished (i.e. you have the eng bootloader with s-off, have booted into the release firmware and confirmed you have su access), get ROM Manager from the market and flash clockworkmod recovery. I don't know if you had a D1 or anything, but from there the process is pretty much the same. Get the ROM of your choice, place on SD card, boot into recovery, and install. For the newer ROMS you should first flash the MR2 or MR2.5 radio through the bootloader (download the radio, rename to PG05IMG.zip and place on root of SD card, and reboot into bootloader to install).

Good luck.

silky johnson

Reaction score
My question: I rooted my phone for the first time yesterday. Root process went great, played around with it just fine afterwards. Downloaded thundersense rom from rom manager app, it constantly crashed and phone suddenly couldnt stay on more than three minutes without rebooting. So i downloaded gingersense, i think, from the rom manager app, installed it, and this morning my phone has no signal? everything else on phone seems to be working but i have no 3g/voice signal at all, just a X in the signal area. Please someone help, as my phone is used a lot for my business and ive been without it all day.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you have to flash a different radio with that ROM

sent from my ApeX

silky johnson

Reaction score
I think you have to flash a different radio with that ROM

sent from my ApeX

Just seen that :/ Thanks a lot though. Also I keep getting an error message saying "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" You think that's related?

The phone is worthless at the moment. I can't do anything because of how frequent the force close message pop ups are. As soon as I click force close, it pops up again. Also since I installed the rom, my computer isnt recognizing the phone, and I cant access it, or my sd card.

Last edited: