Putting music on my razor...

polo93

Reaction score
Hey guys so I just got my Razr today. Anyways I set up motocast, but I was wondering, will that always provide me music? If the laptop is turned off can I get to my music? Also I tried to put the music directly on the phone but am having problems. I have a macbook pro. So I installed the android file transfer, but whenever I start it up it tells me that no android phone is connected. How do I get it to see my phone? I am using the usb cord that came with it to plug it up and the software doesn't see the phone. thanks guys!

jch81

Reaction score
when you are using motocast the computer you are syncing to has to be on and have an internet connection. Not sure about your second problem. I dont have a mac but I have put music on my razr with my pc without any problems.

SallyC

Reaction score
Hey guys so I just got my Razr today. Anyways I set up motocast, but I was wondering, will that always provide me music? If the laptop is turned off can I get to my music? Also I tried to put the music directly on the phone but am having problems. I have a macbook pro. So I installed the android file transfer, but whenever I start it up it tells me that no android phone is connected. How do I get it to see my phone? I am using the usb cord that came with it to plug it up and the software doesn't see the phone. thanks guys!

MotoCast is great, but your pc must be on for it to access the files. Here's a link from Motorola on transferring music either through MotoCast or drag & drop. I don't have a Mac so I can't answer your question more directly but hopefully the link will do it.

Reaction score
For your MAC, you may have to download the USB drivers for the phone. I had to do it for my razr so i can sync it with no root screenshot.
I just drag and drop stuff into my SD card and internal. got like 23 gigs of space.. two notifications though saying im low on space.
if you have more than 25 gigs of music, just get a 32gig card and then you'll have like 38gigs to use.

GL

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I have no experience with MotoCast, so my answer is just for transferring music straight to the phone...

Plug your USB cable into the phone and the PC...after a few seconds, pull down the notification bar and select Mass Storage Mode as the USB Connection. You should get a prompt on the laptop asking what to do with the storage device, select Open...this should open to the contents of the SD Card in the phone.

Once this is done, if there isnt one alewady, right click and crwate a new filder and name it MUSIC. Then navigate on the computer to where your MP3 files are located and copy the files or folders you want on your phone. Navigate back to the Music folder and then right click and paste those files or folders to the Music folder. Once you copy and paste all your files, unplug the USB cable, wait about 30 seconds, then open up your Music Player and see if all your music is found and playable...

Let me know of this works out...if not I can help when I get home later...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

OP
P

polo93

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks I finally got all my music on here!