Putting MotoDroid 16GB card into an Incredible

elleirdad

Reaction score
I have had a Moto Droid from Day 1 and just got an Incredible.

Assume that I activate the Incredible and download the paid apps. Can I then just take the 16GB card from the Moto Droid and slide it into the Incredible. Will the Incredible then see all of the data as if the Moto-originated data had been natively put on the Incredible?

I think it should work. But, I thought I would check.

I also have MyBackupPro running.

notamamasboy

Reaction score
Wow, my brain just exploded... I would of never thought of it.... I have no idea really, but here's a free bump

ohioDroid

Reaction score
It depends on the apps. For example...

You can store your contacts on your phone using an Export feature, and then import them on another phone. This is probably universal for every android phone.

However, if you have the cubed media player (RockOn), and is stores album thumbnail images, even if you just Factory Reset your phone, it won't notice these images. Transferring this app's SD card data to another phone probably won't transfer settings.

Also, some apps don't store their data on the SD card, but on the phone itself. Even if you use Apps2SD, it may not work quite right.

All that said, apps that I think will do this successfully are: Aldiko.

And ones I'm pretty sure won't are: AK Notepad, Amazon, Amazon MP3, Facebook, k9mail, MyTracks.

OP
E

elleirdad

Reaction score
So, I did it

Just to close the loop.

I copied everything to the SD card with my Moto Droid using MyBackUp Pro. Then, I authorized the new Incredible. Then, I shut it down and installed the SD card on the Incredible.

I then restored all of the apps and data using MyBackUp Pro.

It mostly worked fine. All of the data transferred without a problem. Several of the apps did not transfer, but could be downloaded easily. Needed to re-do settings.

Now, I have an Incredible with a 16GB card. Not bad.