1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Put a bullet in me!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by singlefin, Jan 11, 2011.

1. singlefin

singlefin New Member

Ok this is my first droid I am trying to flash it to metro, I have rooted the phone i have rom manager and superuser, now i am trying to add a rom. Adamz rom from this site. When i try to reboot the phone in recovery a pic of a phone and a triangle comes up with a ! mark in it........Now i look in rom manager and there is no Flash alternate recovery.....i don't even know where to begin...Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_eek:
  2. EvilDobe

EvilDobe New Member

When you open ROM Manager at the top do you have the "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" at the top? If you do.. click that & see what happens. What you're describing sounds like you don't have a custom recovery installed.
  3. singlefin

singlefin New Member

Ok i have gotten into the SPRecovery but now it is say error: install exited with status 14?
  4. EvilDobe

EvilDobe New Member

Nandroid Error Codes.

Not to be "that guy" but it sounds like you're just doin it wrong. Are you using Windows Vista or 7 without file extensions being shown (ie you see filename vs filename.zip) in explorer.

My suggestion to you is to flash the ClockWorkMod recovery, do a backup, then try downloading one of the ROMs in ROM Manager (Bugless or Cyanogen Mod if you're using the free version) just to see if it works. If it does do a restore & try again with one of the ROMs you've downloaded.
  5. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ New Member

And you might wanna pick a different ROM as well considering that Adam hasn't publically released anything new here in ages. I don't even think that his "newest" build is even Froyo. Don't get me wrong, Adam created some awesome ROMs but the game has completely changed since then. Most of the ROMs listed here are up to date though. I know a bunch of older tuturials used Smoke Glass as an example of how to load a ROM, so for many people itnwas their first.
  6. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Correct on the old rom issue. You should go to the custom rom sections of this forum and read up on the various roms. The most popular are currently (in no particular order): Chevy's SS, Ultimate Droid, CVPC's Sapphire, Bugless Beast, Cyanogenmod, Miui, and almost any of the others.

As you read about the roms, be sure you are reading current threads.

Good luck.