1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Pushing apps to /system with ADB in FROYO

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by hett, Jun 9, 2010.

1. hett

hett New Member

So, I'm having problems with ADB and Froyo, and wanted to see if anyone else has been.

I've just installed Bugless Beast Froyo, and am trying to push a slightly customized launcherpro to /system/app/.

After using ADB Shell to mount /system R,W I use adb push to push com.fede.launcher-1.apk to /system/app at which point it tells me the file could not be pushed, permission denied.

If I copy the file from my sdcard to /system/app via Terminal app, Astro, or Root Explorer, it just doesn't work. The file sits there in /system/app but is not installed.

Any help would be great! Thanks.
  2. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

If you can get it to work let me know. Would not work for me while device was on....
  3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I was able to push packages.xml to data/system.....

have not tried pushing any apps to /system however.
  4. hett

hett New Member

Yeah, if I try and push to /system while in Recovery mode, for instance, it will work without mounting anything r,w. But, again, it won't actually install the app.
  5. hett

hett New Member

Might have found a solution...like I said, I was able to get the file into /system/app via Terminal, but it didn't install. I rebooted just now and now it is using the version I pushed, not the one installed from the Market, so it looks like you have to reboot now for the change to take effect.

I still can't push thru ADB though.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  6. bryanleesterk

bryanleesterk New Member

!!!! Solved for me !!!!

After two days of searching and trying on my own to find a solution I found one that worked for me. Check out post #7 at this link Froyo and ADB dont work together? It worked for me. I sure don't remember ever having to use the "root" command before but i guess I will now. I know there are alot of other threads about this on this and other sites, so if you know of some please post something there so others don't have such a hard time finding the answer. Thanks for the fix mrZoSo!!!!!!!!!!
Search tags for this page

adb push app to system

how to push launcher into system app using adb

ø³ûŒø³øªù… øªø±ù…ø²adb

phone recovery apps push install

recovery mode using adb froyo