1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Push Notifications (Miss my BlackBerry)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by MrPela, Jul 21, 2010.

1. MrPela

MrPela New Member

I am an old BlackBerry User that converted to a Droid X. I drank the cool-aid and I'm unsure if I should have. The phone is built like a GPS, but man it does a lot. Not as reliable from a work standpoint but better phone all around. However, one thing that I hate about the Droid is the lack of push. Will this be fixed with 2.2? Also, the facebook App and Social Networking App don't tell you when someone writes on your wall. What do most people use? I'd love for that to get pushed to my phone in the form of a notification. IS there a GMAIL Widget? How come I cannot save contact cards that are sent to my gmail account? If I create a POP account it goes through, no problem
  2. QuadsWest

QuadsWest New Member

3. Taegost

Taegost New Member

To fix issues with Push e-mail use K-9, it supports IMAP and push. I get the e-mail on my phone before my Outlook at work or home shows me that the message has been sent successfully :) Unless you're talking about using Exchange, which Quad is correct, there is a big discussion about it, and I believe the latest update is supposed to fix it (But I can't confirm, I don't have the X or a Corporate Exchange account).
    The stock Facebook app is a bit lacking in terms of notifications, I use Bloo for that, which works much better and lets you see when people post on your wall. I believe there is an extra step you need to take on the Facebook site to allow viewing of the wall posts through the app, which you can find on the Bloo web site (A Google search will bring it right up).
  4. WorldOfJohnboy

WorldOfJohnboy New Member

Not quite sure what your are referring to when you say that the Droid X will not "Push." I am a BB Storm2 user that switched to the DX last week. I was able to setup Corporate Sync (ActiveSync) with my company's Exchange 2003 SP2 server no problem. One thing I have noticed on the DX is that the 'native' sync program is not really fully-featured when compared to a Blackberry. (Rightfully so, the Droid doesn't go through a BES for Exchange.)

I have been telling all the BB users to purchase Touchdown for Exchange after you get the Droid X. Granted, it's $20, but it makes the transition from Blackberry to Andriod 100x's easier. Touchdown allows you to Sync nested folders, search your mailbox, and a buch of other Blackberry-type of features.

In regards to Facebook, there is a setting on your Facebook account (go via a Computer) where you can set up your notifications... as long as you have your Facebook email account setup on your Droid X, you should be getting emails stating that someone posted to your wall and have a clickable link. You can also install the Facebook App for free and get more benefits than the "Social Networking" app on the Moto Droids offer.
  5. jtdiddy

jtdiddy New Member

K-9

yea, i use K-9 email and i pull all of my Pop emails fine

still tryin to get the led notifications to work properly to inform me of new emails like my old bb
  6. WorldOfJohnboy

WorldOfJohnboy New Member

Click on the "Messaging" application, Click on mailbox you want to change, then hit the MENU button and press "Email settings."

Hit Email Delivery and then check the "Data Push" checkbox.

As for custom LEDs, I think you would need Touchdown and an exchange mailbox, there is a LED setting in that app.
Search tags for this page
android notification blackberry code
how do i get my emails pushed on my droid

i miss my blackberry

miss my blackberry notifications
miss old blackberry notification icons
should you allow new issues amd push notifications for on li