Push CCRom OTA updates?

wingdo

Reaction score
cvpcs / sniffle, Some of the ROMs out there (SS and UD come to mind) do minor updates OTA to the ROM. Is this something which could be incorporated into CCRoms? It'd be nice to not have to reflash every time there is a minor update available, and I imagine themers would like that too.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
cvpcs / sniffle, Some of the ROMs out there (SS and UD come to mind) do minor updates OTA to the ROM. Is this something which could be incorporated into CCRoms? It'd be nice to not have to reflash every time there is a minor update available, and I imagine themers would like that too.

A quick post on the bug tracker as an enhancement wouldn't hurt :)

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score

There's so much on there already. I'm still trying to get autorotation enable / disable checkboxes for 180 and 270 degrees (ala CM and most others). That one has been open since 0.8.4 ;)

The dev's are busy busy busy, but yes, I will be adding it

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

There's so much on there already. I'm still trying to get autorotation enable / disable checkboxes for 180 and 270 degrees (ala CM and most others). That one has been open since 0.8.4 ;)

The dev's are busy busy busy, but yes, I will be adding it

Well! I guess a little *nudge nudge* in the Irc wouldn't hurt either :p

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd be cool with it....if it's something you could disable. ;)

kevev99

Reaction score
Same here. Having to reflash every time there's an update is a bit of a pain. So an OTA for minor updates would be great. The jump from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 wasn't that major a change, so an OTA there would've been preferred.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I had the idea to have a seperate app that you can install, kind of like BB Toolbox that would do such a thing, but as I have not had anytime to learn coding to do such a thing I haven't worried much about it, but I would like it.. I do have access to the app developer so maybe I can use that as a start. Of course having it installed with the ability to disable notification will be a must.

Nvious1

Reaction score
+1 on this.. still hanging with 1.0 cause don't want to wipe at the moment.

pushdrops

Reaction score
+1 on this.. still hanging with 1.0 cause don't want to wipe at the moment.

Same here (but 1.1.0 , no time to do a total wipe and move to 1.1.1 right now , but would be able to do a simple update if it were avail, maybe in the next couple of weeks when work calms down I can try 1.1.1 or Cyan 6.0 now that it's out).

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far gentleman, several of us including myself have just wiped cache only with the change to 1.1.1 with zero issues ...

So jump on in!