push and sync delays

shaislet

Reaction score
I'm not geeting email notification using the standard email accounts. I have set up to PUSH if that feature is available from the particular internet provider. Otherwise I use the fastest sync frequency available.

I noticed I wasn't geeting emails and so I went into settings and deselected these features and almost always get all the nitifications and new emails for the 3 accounts I have setup.

Any other settings I am unaware of that perhaps my 2 year old got to or is a hard reset the next step? I only like to do that as a last resort as iit takes about 2 days to get things back. I was thinking of just erasing the accounts and starting over with those. That is a lot easier

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That depends on what type of accounts you have. You must have IMAP or Exchange for push and sync to work. If any account is set to POP3 it will not sync. However, I have a work account that supports IMAP and isn't exchange. Push mail only worked when I was on wifi and mobile network. I am on one of the ICS leaks now and it seems to work fine. So once in the official ICS is out that might help some of your issue. Besides that I only use gmail which works just fine.

OP
S

shaislet

Reaction score
They worked just fine for the first few weeks. One is imap but one is pop3. So thanks for helping to clarify and I know the imap provider so I can check with them to see what's up