1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Purpose of the Wireless Hack

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by FXRS, Mar 6, 2010.

1. FXRS

FXRS New Member

Ok maybe a silly question but is the purpose of it? I'm probably doing something wrong but I was figuring it could be used when there are no other connections available for a laptop. Like out in the middle of no where and using my phone signal/connection to get online?

So am I wrong with this idea?

Thanks.
  2. jacobrv

jacobrv New Member

If you are referring to tethering, then you are dead on. The point is to attach your laptop (or iPod touch, PSP, DS, etc.) to your phone and bum off the phone's internet access.
    This can be done with WiFi tethering if you have a custom kernal, or USB/Bluetooth with the app PDAnet without any hacking whatsoever.
  3. FXRS

FXRS New Member

Thanks maybe cause I was on the Mint Linux side that it wasn't working. Ill try it on the M$ side tomorrow.