Pure Battery Usage Thread

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wanted to start this thread and give users a place to post what battery usage times they got. I would prefer that you post them from a 100% charge to a 5% charge if possible, to give a good record of how long the unit lasted and what you did with it.

At the 5% warning the following is alittle tidbit of my usage with the phone

Uptime: 21 Hours 27 Min
Talk Time: 3 Hours 10 Min
Screen Usage: 45 Min
Facebook App (looking at pictures of my god-daughter): 20 Min
App Market Place: 15 Min
Google Maps: 10 Min

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Can you break this down. Are you saying that is your estimate for time of usage of each? What percentage do they account for in battery use?

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Talk time was 71%
Screen usage was 4%

The other was just a breakdown of the screen usage.. The % value went away before i could get all the data.

Acention

Reaction score
I just got my Droid yesterday, figured this was a good place to make my first post. Didn't use the phone to much today but here is what I got for battery life.

1d 3h 20m since unplugged.
Display - 48% 3h 11m
Phone Idle - 13% 1d 0h 9m
Voice Calls - 13$ 18m
Cell Standby - 12% 1d 3h 20m
Android sys. - 6% 24m
Browser - 4% 12m
Android OS - 2% 5m
Other apps - 4% 11m

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol did you just have the screen on to look at it's awesomeness all day? Or was it like one of those, HEY LOOK i got a new phone moments?

Acention

Reaction score
It was partly the awesomeness of the screen. Mostly I was just playing around with the different features and settings trying to get used to the phone. First real smart phone that I have owned so something totally new for me.

MarkDF

Reaction score
Lol did you just have the screen on to look at it's awesomeness all day?

1d 3h 20m since unplugged.
Display - 48% 3h 11m

I'd have to say this is not untypical of what my battery usage looks like. I'll routinely go the 14-15 hours between morning unplugging and night plugging back in and get down to 20% battery life left, but the display usage will be 40+%. I've got the brightness cranked down to almost nothing, but it's still way up there in the percentage. Is this a possible problem?

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only reason i laughed was because nothing else on his phone went above like 30 minutes other then his display ;)