Purchasing SIM in UK

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a dealer in the UK that will sell a SIM that will work in a D2G (Verizon). I will be landing at Heathrow and spending most of my time in London and the Canterbury area.

Thanks in advance.

Jonas

Reaction score
Ebay. That pretty much covers it. You just need to be smart and check the buyer ratings. If they have over 5,000 ratings, they are probably legit.

Sent from my Banana Phone

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Captain Canuck, just visit any mobile phone store. They should have various SIM offers from local carriers (like Orange, O2, T-Mobile, and the likes).

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You do have the SIM slot unlocked don't you? It is a standard practice for verizon to keep global phones SIM locked to the included Verizon GSM sim. Unlocking have to request an unlock after your account has been in good standing for somewhere between 60-90 days.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Ebay. That pretty much covers it. You just need to be smart and check the buyer ratings. If they have over 5,000 ratings, they are probably legit.
I wouldn't order anything that I might be needing in less than 2 weeks time off eBay.

But that's just me.

And what's the whole deal with buying SIM cards off eBay? For most European carriers, you need to buy an activated SIM card, not something off eBay that can be activated later by visiting a website.

silver6054

Reaction score
Right, and you won't have any trouble getting a SIM in the UK! All high streets will have most/all of the carrier stores: O2/T-Mobile/Orange/3/Vodafone (the main carriers, with Orange and T-mobile now working together). Then the stores that sell service on the carriers rebranded: phone stores such as phones4less, carfonewarehouse, supermarkets such as Sainsbury's and Tescos etc. At heathrow, there are vending machines with SIMs. I use Talkmobile, T-mobile, Orange and Vodafone, but all except possibly 3 should work

And as others noted, make sure your phone has been unlocked by Verizon.

I wouldn't order anything that I might be needing in less than 2 weeks time off eBay.

But that's just me.

And what's the whole deal with buying SIM cards off eBay? For most European carriers, you need to buy an activated SIM card, not something off eBay that can be activated later by visiting a website.

Last edited: